Camp Ignite’s curriculum is tailored to show young women the possibility of a career in the trades and other non-traditional roles.
Our four-day, three-night camp will take place at a variety of locations throughout Vancouver, including the Vancouver Fire & Rescue Training Facility, YWCA, Grouse Grind and other fitness facilities throughout the city.
Camp Ignite participants will take part in:
• Basic Fundamentals of Fire Suppression
• Personal Safety Equipment
• Basics of fire ground practices and terminology
• Apparatus and equipment training
• CPR training
• Fitness and nutrition classes
Participants will also learn about the speciality disciplines in firefighting—to show them how many opportunities are available in the field.