Camp Ignite’s curriculum is tailored to show young women the possibility of a career in the trades and other non-traditional roles.
Our four-day, three-night camp will take place at a variety of locations throughout Metro Vancouver Fire Departments as well as many local fitness locales such as climbing walls, hiking trails such as the Grouse Grind, Crossfit and more.
Camp Ignite participants will take part in:
• Basic Fundamentals of Fire Suppression
• Personal Safety Equipment
• Basics of Fire Ground Practices and Terminology
• Apparatus and Equipment Training
• CPR and Fire Extinguisher Training
• Fitness and Nutrition Classes
Participants will also learn about the speciality disciplines in firefighting—to show them how many opportunities are available in the field.